Friday, January 28, 2011

where did the time go?!?

Today our little guy turned three months old! He is officially no longer a newborn. Crazy.

I feel bad that I haven't updated at all in the last few months but jesus, babies wear. you. out. Baby K is still not sleeping through the night, which isn't surprising but still a bummer. DH and I are exhausted. I mean, we're coping and all but after several months, it really starts to get old.

But I'm not complaining! As of 10 days ago, K weighed 14 pounds. He isn't huge but he is a healthy, solid kid. He changes fast but honestly, I spend so much time with him I don't even always see it. It takes my mom or someone else exclaiming over him before I realize how quickly he is growing up. I only see the tree, certainly not the forest. :) Lately he is really starting to get fun, as he is more vocal and gaining more control of his limbs and facial expressions.

Another big milestone for me personally - I have made it to three whole months of breastfeeding. It was SO HARD for the first six weeks, I almost gave up many times. Now it isn't so bad, although I really really wish I could formula feed for just one night so someone else could feed him and I could sleep for eight hours. But honestly, when I'm home with him all day long, it is lots easier to just nurse instead of messing with bottles, etc. Plus it is saving us lots of money. Oh yeah, and helping my little guy grow big and strong. :)

Obligatory cute baby photos:


2 comments:

  1. He looks very lovely. Glad you guys are doing so well even if sleep isn't quite happening at the moment!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is gorgeous! Congratulations.

    One day it will happen. He will sleep through the night and then you will wonder why he hasn't woken up and have to go and prod him to check he's ok.

    ReplyDelete