Friday, November 6, 2009

blab

The Husband is out of town tonight so I was on my own for dinner this evening. For some reason, eating alone on weekdays does not bother me one bit, but when it is a Friday night, it just seems wrong to be sitting home alone making yourself a peanut butter sandwich. So I texted my sister-in-law (who was my roommate before she became my sister, so is one of my best friends in the entire world) and ended up going out for dinner with her and my brother-in-law.

And by the end of the meal, I realized that when I am in the company of people who know about our upcoming IVF . . . I cannot NOT talk about it. I can't help it! I must walk around all day subconsciously wishing I had someone to talk to about this, because when I'm around someone who knows, I practically explode with thoughts and information. I've done it the last three times I've seen my mom. And now with my sister and brother-in-law. It makes sense, and I hope they understand, because I would hate to be annoying the most important people in my life.

Guess I need to tell more people or find some internet friends. But the "telling people" part is so tricky. I don't want the whole world to know and be "That Girl Doing IVF" when I walk down the hall at school. Argh. I guess at this rate I'll end up exploding and telling everyone eventually anyhow. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I told EVERYONE! That isn't normal, but I didn't want to talk to people who always talked about their pregnancy or their babies so it might them feel awkward and they wouldn't do it. My family was very supportive and they wantex to know so we chatted quite a few times.

    Do whatever makes you feel good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley - thanks, and thanks for being my first "follower." :) Luckily I do have an awesome family and will continue to vent to them in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete