Monday, November 23, 2009

logistics

I am supposed to be on vacation right now. And technically, I am in Myrtle Beach in a giant beach house with family (well, in-laws, haha). My final exams start in less than two weeks so I have been preparing myself to study while here...but I was not planning on having to deal with The IVF Project while we were out here. *sigh*

We are gearing up to get things going right away in the new year. So at our last appointment, our RE instructed me to wait for my next period, at which point I would need a blood work-up on Day 3 and an ultrasound/"test-run" between Days 5-12. And of course I get my period two hours before I board a plane to leave town for a week. Super. So, while waiting for my connecting flight in Atlanta, I had to (1) call my parents to get them to overnight the blood test kit to South Carolina and (2) find a clinic willing to draw my blood.

Now this wouldn't necessarily have to be stressful...but I do not (no, scratch that, DO NOT) want my husband's aunt, uncle, cousins, etc. to know that we are doing IVF or even thinking of getting pregnant. I don't mind telling my friends and people who are close to me, but the extended family in-laws are pretty much the last people I want to be in on everything. Also, they are pretty conservative and judgmental, and I have no idea whether they might judge us for this. Ugh. To clarify, *I* don't mind telling them to mind their own business but I'm pretty sure my husband would crack under pressure.

To top it all off, when I called my RE's office to schedule the ultrasound, I found out he will be out on vacation FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER. Seriously? The entire month? I really really (x100) don't want our whole schedule to get pushed back any further so this development really annoys me. We met with our RE for the first time back in August just to make sure we'd have enough time to get everything set in time for January. Anyhow, I talked them into letting me see one of the other doctors instead so we can still keep the ball rolling. As my mom always says, "it's always something."

No comments:

Post a Comment