Monday, December 21, 2009

little white lie

My husband's cousin is getting married in January. Getting there would involve one four hour flight plus another flight on a small plane (or a five hour drive through mountains). I don't know exactly where we will be in our cycle by then but no matter what, I don't want to go through the stress of the traveling and putting up with 100 in-laws.....not to mention the $1000+ it would probably cost us to fly there and get a hotel.

Hubby has agreed it would be best for us to skip the wedding, even though the entire rest of his family will be there. I feel bad but not bad enough to want to deal with it. The extended family doesn't know about our IVF plans and neither of us want them to know either (they're an especially nosy and non-PC bunch). So now we need a lie. Preferably one that doesn't cause them to ask more questions. And I'm afraid if we blame money then everyone else will be like "geez, we found a way to get to the wedding." Wish I had some good ideas but I don't.

On a more positive note, I finally made it to yoga class again. It's been six months since I went to the gym (I quit during the summer when we were outside a lot but that quickly regressed into walking the dogs once a day when fall came around). It felt really good to go back, although some of my muscles are not too happy with me right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment