Thursday, December 31, 2009

new books for a new year

I love to read, and have devoured books since I was a kid, but since starting law school, I really don't read "for fun" as much as I used to. After reading hundreds of dense pages every day for school, my eyes and my brain just can't take it and I end up spending more time watching TV than anything else when it is finally time to relax.

To remedy this situation while I'm on my holiday break from classes, I ordered books written by two of my favorite bloggers: Gretchen Rubin of the Happiness Project and Erin Rooney Doland from Unclutterer. I was going to buy them at our local Barnes & Noble a few days ago but they were too expensive (hardcover) so I ordered from Amazon instead - and they arrived in less than 24 hours! Both books deal with improving your life and are so appropriate for New Years Eve. I am saving The Happiness Project book for my "care package" for when I start my injections, in the hopes that having something happy to focus on will help me stay positive during everything.

I also watched the movie Julie & Julia yesterday, which is also about a blog (and also about food - I SO wanted to eat after watching it). For a long time, I have considered starting a more "fun" blog that I can share with my friends and family. Maybe this is all a sign that it is finally time to start?

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment