Wednesday, December 2, 2009

first sono-histo - yay?

I can honestly say that I was not at all prepared for how uncomfortable that ordeal was - and in some ways, the psychological/emotional discomfort was actually worse than the physical part.

an important part of this whole process that I was able to downplay until right now is that I have vulvodynia. Let's just say speculums are not my friend - downright painful. And when I say painful, I mean PAINFUL. Scorching, sharp pain. So back to today...

I didn't know they were doing a sono-histo today, and if I had, I would not have known what that meant. I've had two previous simple ultrasounds to count follicles so I (stupidly) assumed today would be more of the same. Slightly uncomfortable but totally do-able. So when the nurse explained that this would be a multi-step process, boy was I excited!

Anyhow, we won't get the full report until we go back next week but I'm going to assume everything looked fine since I didn't notice any weirdness on the part of the tech or the doctors. The tech didn't know initially that we were doing this for PGD purposes so was confused when everything looked "normal." I'm going to take it as a good sign that I naturally produced enough follies that she asked if I was on Clomid (we haven't started any drugs yet). I also assume if anything was majorly wrong they would tell me?

I really felt intensely today a kind of out-of-body sensation as three people poked and prodded at my insides. Like my body wasn't mine anymore, like a line was crossed today. "You thought your internal organs were private, huh? That you controlled them?" "Ha!" On the lighter side, The Husband (who sat with me through all the fun today) claims he kept thinking of "Turning Japanese" while he was sitting there. What a dork.

I, on the other hand, just kept telling myself "my child will not need a wheelchair." It really does help when I keep the big picture in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment