Tuesday, February 9, 2010

never been this excited to wait before

The transfer went well! We had one good healthy MD-free blast to transfer this afternoon. Because the type of MD that I'm a carrier of is X-linked, we also know the sex, which is so crazy. Although 9 of the 14 embryos were MD-free, not all of them survived to blast stage. At this point, there is one smaller unaffected blast and two that might make it by tomorrow afternoon. If so, we could have up to three to freeze for later (fingers crossed!). It was also pretty intense, since because of yesterday's drama we didn't get the genetic results until 10 minutes before I checked in for pre-op. SO crazy but so exciting!

We are focusing on being super positive and super healthy now. We safely made it home despite the bad roads and I'm camped out on the couch. I do have to go in for a few hours tomorrow to meet with a new client but other than that I'm taking it really easy. Sticking to bedrest when I'm home, which is like 20 hours a day.

I feel so amazing right now, since we've never technically tried to get pregnant before because of the disease. I already quit caffeine and alcohol a few months ago but now I think I'm cutting out all the other crap until we know whether it "stuck." Blood test on the 18th - eek! And now that I don't physically feel like shit anymore, I'm scheduling all kinds of laid back fun time with my friends and family.

On our honeymoon, we stayed in this amazing B&B in Boulder, CO with the most spectacular mattress, down comforter and pillows. It's been five and a half years and we still talk about how amazing that bed was. I like to imagine that that's how little embie feels right now. :)

2 comments:

  1. Get stuck in there little embie! I'm excited for both of us - my beta is the day before yours. So glad that even with all the drama your transfer went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you had a good transfer!! You are hilarious, the only person I know who is excited for the two week wait. I bet that fabulous attitude will help a ton and I can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete