Tuesday, February 23, 2010

you, stay here. you, go away.

I feel guilty that I am not happily basking in the glow of growing my little embie but this OHSS thing is really getting to me now. I did *absolutely nothing* for three entire days - no driving, wore only pajamas, never left the house to even grab the mail. I, apparently naively, thought this would buy me a couple hours of class yesterday night. I made it through class but by the time I got home, I felt awful. And the fact that I felt awful now makes me scared to leave the house today because I certainly don't want to make this worse. This would sort of be a problem because (1) I have an interview for a summer clerkship later this morning, and (2) I have already missed my Tuesday class three times in the past three weeks.

Also, as I had feared, none of the pants for my suits fit. I can't button any of them. I thought of sending my husband to Target last night at 9:30 to try to find some last-minute black maternity pants but then I realized they would never match my suit jacket so it was a lost cause anyhow. Instead, I am planning to not tuck in my shirt and use a safety pin to close the gap (at least I can get the zipper up). Call me classy! The interview is only supposed to last 30 minutes so hopefully nobody notices anything weird during that small amount of time.

Despite all of the OHSS nonsense, I've been trying to send good vibes to my embie each day. I can't wait for our first ultrasound in two weeks. Tomorrow we hit five weeks! The days are going by pretty slowly but I know that each day brings us closer and closer to a healthy baby this fall. Guess I just have to keep my eyes on the prize, OHSS or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment