Friday, February 19, 2010

oh, ohss

First the good news - my second beta was 205, so exactly where we wanted it to be! I think I finally have to come to terms with the fact that I really and truly am pregnant. It still doesn't seem real.

Unfortunately, one of the reasons it doesn't seem real is that any potential early pregnancy symptoms are currently masked by this damn OHSS. I keep reminding myself that I'm not mad at my ovaries though, since they did their job and got us lots of eggs. I just wish they would take a break now! We were back at the clinic today for another ultrasound and blood tests. My red count has improved but the fluid level and ovary sizes have stayed the same since Wednesday. Not great news, but at least it's not getting worse. I also got a temporary handicapped parking pass so I'm not stuck trying to drag my laptop bag & text books six blocks to class through the snow and mess all week. After years of being the handicapped parking police for my brother, it was weird to ask for one for myself when I appear "fine" on the outside.

It's crazy to me that at this point, I just have to assume everything is going fine with the pregnancy until our first ultrasound on March 8th. I'm so used to people monitoring me constantly at this point that the idea of no check-ups for two weeks just blows my mind. I suppose now though I am at least in the same boat as all other pregnant women, in that you just have to hope for the best and assume your little embie is growing along fine.

More couch time for me all weekend - hopefully some of this fluid will leave my body so I can focus on enjoying being pregnant! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment