Friday, February 5, 2010

waiting and worrying

So only 16 of the eggs fertilized. I am pretty bummed out about this, especially since it actually means we probably have 8. The smaller that number gets, the more scared I get that we won't end up with any MD-free eggs that make it to Day 5. And even though I know that likely 50% will have the bad gene, what if we have bad luck and it is more than that? Or what if the ones that survive are all the ones with MD, and the ones that don't make it were the ones that were unaffected? I know I have absolutely no control over this, and worrying won't actually accomplish anything, but I can't stop myself.

I did call and talk to one of the nurses and she assured me that 16 was normal and nobody is concerned about it on their end so that helps a little bit. Also, my ovaries felt like shit this morning and I guess that's going to stick around for awhile. It's hard to set aside my worrying when my body is constantly reminding me of what we're going through. Also, I am now officially falling behind in school after an entire week of accomplishing pretty much nothing. It's going to be a LONG weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. I know the thoughts that can go through your mind...but just try to stay positive and take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need is one, one good one and if the others fall by the wayside for one reason or another so be it. Focus on your one and focus yourself. Get a trashy DVD and curl up in front of the fire. I remember the pain, and how tired I was afterwards. It was good just to veg.

    Fingers crossed for you
    Sending lots of good wishes and hopes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was super bummed when we had 22 eggs and only 12 fertilized. Drink LOTS of gatorade and I second the trashy dvd!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete