Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12 hours to lift-off

We have already been through so much, but I feel like things *really* get started tomorrow when I give myself that first injection. Pretty silly considering how many thousands of dollars have gone on the credit card in the last two weeks, and how many appointments we've had in the past six months.

So I stayed home all day Friday waiting for the meds to arrive. It was funny to me that I didn't realize how huge the box would be! Those little vials at the clinic seemed so small!



I have been trying to declutter my life recently and managed to clean out an entire drawer in our bathroom for all of my supplies. I am pretty proud of it. I am one of those people who always feels better when things are orderly because it makes it feel more under control.



Meds neatly arranged in clean drawer = totally under control. Right? Ha.

I also opened up the Lupron kit. I don't know why - to make sure the vial was actually in there? I realized that seeing each of the tiny little syringes in their little packages, with the separate little alcohol wipes, made it all seem less scary. They're so cute! Like the little soaps and shampoos you get at hotels, or the little glasses they use when you order a wine flight. Silly but I'll take what I can get at this point. I'm not typically a very optimistic or whimsical person but I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment