Friday, January 29, 2010

more good news

I FINALLY had my first ultrasound since starting the shots (it is currently Stim Day 8). It's been driving me crazy not knowing what is going on in there. Turns out there are around 30 follicle, which kind of explains my discomfort! She measured 11 of them, which I assume means those are the best ones. The largest one was 13.5, which I'm (also) guessing means we are closer to retrieval (they originally projected Monday as the earliest possible retrieval date). Although I have no idea what my RE's parameters are, since I didn't know which questions to ask the last time I had an appointment. Thus, I am desperately trying to find things to occupy my mind while I wait around for my "results message" to show up on their answering system. I also have now idea what my E2 level is, or where they want it to be. So many questions!

However, I am so very thankful that at least for now, things appear to be going well, or at least in staying in the realm of possibility. One of my cycle buddy's received bad news this week, and my heart just breaks for her. I am trying really hard to live in reality while still holding fast to hope, because I know things can change that are beyond my control.

------Update------
Called in to the message system a few minutes ago and found out everything is right where they want it to be. The nurse who left the message said my bloodwork and ultrasound looked "lovely." Ha! No monitoring until Sunday though so the retrieval would now be Tuesday at the earliest. I feel very weird right now since I'm really excited that we are getting closer and everything looks good....but also physically feel like crap. It's to the point now where the only position that is somewhat comfortable is lying completely flat on my back. Can't imagine how bloated and weird I'm going to feel in the coming days.

My random symptom of the day that I was not expecting: I have no appetite right now. Nothing normal sounds appetizing, which means I've eaten take-out almost the entire week. "Healthy" and "take-out" aren't always the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment