Sunday, January 31, 2010

tortoise

The steady progress continues - we got up at 6am today to drive the 90 minutes to our clinic for another ultrasound. We didn't get the go-ahead for the trigger quite yet, but it was still good news. I have 20+ measurable follicles right now (!), which is where we wanted to be. Since chances are 50% of my eggs will have the "bad gene" for muscular dystrophy, they are pushing things a little harder so that we have enough eggs to work with. And my E2 level almost doubled since Friday. Today was the first time G. accompanied me for follicle monitoring - they even had him keep track of the follicle sizes on a little score sheet. It was nice that he could contribute in some way other than doing my bidding around the house. :)

Other good things today: Two of my friends emailed me today to check on me since I wasn't at the engagement party last night. It meant a lot to me that they missed me and were thinking of me. My friend K. also offered to lend me her Mad Men DVDs, which would be great because my DVR is empty after this week. Oh and my mom brought me some slightly-classier celebrity gossip magazines (People and Entertainment Weekly) - yay!

I'm still anxious to reach retrieval day but know it is best for things to develop slow and healthy. Trying to just keep my eyes on the prize.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you hugs and sympathy for this sucky part of the cycle ;-)...hope you get to retrieval soon! And thanks for all of the support the past few days, it has helped more than you can know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those numbers are fantastic. Hope you get your trigger soon.

    ReplyDelete