Saturday, January 23, 2010

triple-shot

The first night of injections felt like it went horribly but was essentially successful. We had an awful time figuring out how to prepare the Menopur. There seemed to be something wrong with the syringe I was using; the plunger kept moving without me touching it. And then when we finally got it figured out, it really hurt going in. Then it was time for our first try using the gonal pen, which I was super worried about because I know how expensive that stuff is. Luckily, G had used a similar pen before with clients who are diabetic, so he at least sort of knew what I was supposed to do. Anyhow, why do they make it so complicated?? After the ridiculousness last night, the Lupron this morning seemed SO simple.

On a happier note, we went to the mall last night to buy some necessities - specifically new pj's and some fancy chocolates. :) I typically am not a huge fan of Victoria's Secret but a few years ago, a friend turned me on to their sweatpants. Although I think G is disappointed that all I ever want to buy there are sweatpants - ha! We also stocked up on some fancy chocolates. My idea, based on training my dogs, is to reward myself every evening with chocolate immediately following Shot Time. And you know what? It TOTALLY made me feel better last night to eat chocolate after hurting myself with needles.

So far no major side effects. Mostly I am having trouble with the injection sites themselves, lots of bruising and general achiness. Also think maybe I am getting IVF-brain? (does that happen?) I've had a lot more headaches the last week, and today I am really struggling to focus on anything. I had lunch with a few friends and could barely even follow what they were talking about. I'm also pretty tired but I'm guessing that's the stress.

Hoping the needles are nicer to me tonight!

2 comments:

  1. The needles do get easier with time, although they always hurt a little. You just get used to it.

    I'm hoping for you!

    - Shannon from Musings of a Fat Chick (via Cyclesista)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be something in the air - I had a terrible time with my stims tonight too!

    Also, just wanted to let you know...the headaches and lack of focus might be from the Lupron. I haven't had too much trouble with it this time around, but I know those are two of the more common side effects. (Lots of people call it Loopy-ron!)

    Anyways, hope tonight's injections went better for you!

    ReplyDelete