Monday, January 25, 2010

honeymoon over

The exhilaration about actually starting this, and successfully injecting myself, is wearing off. I am also starting to have some anxiety about how I am going to get my hcg trigger, since my husband is a tremendous wuss who can't even watch me give myself a sub-q shot. The plan was to have my brother-in-law, who is a doctor, do it. But now he will be out of town right around the time when I might conceivably need the shot. If anyone has any advice on how to deal with this conundrum, I'd appreciate it because I am a planner and I don't want to be panicked about this when they give us the go-ahead.

Also, menopur and I do not play nice. The stupid syringes always end up with a giant air bubble that is impossible to tap out (I am also guessing this might be due to something I am doing, but I do not have this issue with any of the other meds). The worst, however, is the burning sensation when it goes in. All three times so far, major ouch.

I am in law school, and up until now, I have been really good at it. Not so much right now. It's possible it is the stress and the gravity of the situation, but I am fairly certain at least one of these meds is screwing with my head. I have zero motivation right now for anything related to school. And zero concentration when I force myself to work.

Syllabus: "Read and review ch.3 and ch. 4."
Me: "Why? Who cares? I am trying to make a baby here!"

I made a list of all the school-related things I should probably accomplish this week. I wrote this list on Saturday. I have at this point accomplished one thing. With that, I will stop blogging and try to cross at least one thing off the list. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I told you not to do IVF if there is anything going on in school!! :) It rots your brain.

    That's good your trucking along though. Before you know it you will be done!!

    So jealous of you in law school by the way, that's my dream.

    ReplyDelete